Friday, June 8, 2012

Got Paper?

In a BYOD teaching and learning environment, how do I have students submit and store their work?  That's a question that I've been giving a great deal of thought to this week as I have been working on updating the curriculum maps for my school district.  One of my goals for this next school year is to go paperless.  Tonight I was given a tool that I feel is going to be very useful in helping me achieve this goal. It's called Evernote .  As a HUGE Alabama fan, I have to say that I love the elephant on their logo!  It's not just a great logo that makes Evernote awesome!  Evernote is a great note taking app.  The beauty of Evernote is that it's available for all formats including iPads, cell phones, and Android tablets.  It allows users to not only to create notebooks and create notes, but to capture a picture, webpage, etc.  It also allows these "notes" to be shared.  It also dates and time stamps each entry which means it has the great possibility of becoming an electronic portfolio.  I can't wait to try all of this out with my students in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment